The City of Elkhart is a culturally-rich community of 50,000 people. Within Elkhart, you will find:
- A recently renovated downtown area, showing the commitment of government and business leaders to the successful growth of the community.
- Aquatics Center, a world-class aquatics center with an Olympic sized pool - home to the Elkhart Lions swimming and diving teams!
- City of Elkhart (Elkhart County Convention & Visitors Bureau)
- Elkhart Public Library
- Gateway Mile
- Lerner Theatre used for a wide range of concerts, performing arts, educational programs and special events.
- Vibrant Communities
- Midwest American Art
- National New York Central Railroad Museum
- RV/Motorhome Museum
- Ruthmere Museum
- Havilah Beardsley House
Nature / Parks
- City of Elkhart Parks and Recreation, over 30 parks and facilities,including a skateboard park, ice skating park, water parks, splash pads, tennis courts, swimming pools, walking/running laps, playground equipment and active summer softball leagues. Many Elkhart parks offer classes, including dancing and fitness. Each summer, McNaughton Park hosts free, weekly outdoor concerts by the Elkhart Municipal Band.
- Elkhart County Parks and Recreation
- Wellfield Botanic Gardens, a unique downtown attraction where guests can relax, rejuvenate and reconnect in an expansive garden environment, an outdoor public art gallery and a freshwater setting that captivates and inspires.
- Woodlawn Nature Center, a natural history museum and activity center that features exhibits and programs for all ages, as well as walking trails on their 10-acre property.
Festivals and Events
- Elkhart ArtWalk
- Elkhart Grand Prix
- Elkhart Jazz Festival
- Hall of Heroes Comic Con
- Rhapsody in Green
- Taste of the Gardens
We are also very proud to call the town of Bristol home to our Bristol Elementary School! Bristol’s small town charm can be felt along the downtown area and through the expansive parks and river landings! Some great places and events in Bristol include:
- Bonneyville Mill Park
- Bristol Homecoming
- Elkhart Civic Theatre (housed at the historic Bristol Opera House)
- Elkhart County Historical Museum
- Town of Bristol website
Elkhart Community Schools works with many of these community partners to advance the education and cultural awareness of our students. We are proud and thankful to belong to a community that so generously embraces our schools and children.
For additional information about Elkhart, please visit the City of Elkhart website, Gateway Mile website, the Elkhart County Convention and Visitors Bureau website, the Greater Elkhart Chamber of Commerce website, and the Town of Bristol website.