Elkhart Community Schools recognizes that good communication between the school and parents is critical to a child’s success. Our schools are ready to answer your questions or address any concerns you may have. For contact information for your child’s school, please see our Schools page.
We also recognize that when our offices are closed, you may still have questions about your child’s progress. PowerSchool is the Elkhart Community Schools’ online portal for all student information, including report cards, test scores, absences/tardies and monitoring lunch money balances. PowerSchool is used district-wide and updated in real time.
Elkhart Community Schools also uses SchoolMessenger, a program that aids us in contacting parents with messages about school, including closings and delays. Parents are able to set their preferences to receive text alerts, emails and phone calls for a variety of subject matters through School Messenger. Access to your SchoolMessenger account is done through PowerSchool’s Contact Manager.
Ways to communicate with the school and district:
- Canvas (middle and high schools)
- Seesaw (elementary schools)
- Contact your school through our Schools page
- Contact Elkhart Community Schools departments
- Elkhart Community Schools Facebook page
- Elkhart Community Schools Twitter page
- Attend Board of School Trustees meetings
- If you know the name of the person you'd like to contact, please visit our Staff Directory.
It is our goal to engage not only children in the educational process, but also parents and the community. Please see below for additional information about ECS Communication.